Certain information such as your name, e-mail address and other identifying information (collectively, “Personal Information”) is required in order for you to purchase products from JCassand via the online store hosted by Shopify (the “Store”) or to contact us through the contact form or e-mail (in which case we will retain our responses as well). You, in your sole discretion, may choose to provide us with certain other information, such as your personal website and social media contact information; however, the provision of such information is optional. If you subscribe to our e-mail mailing list, we will collect your name and e-mail address. This information will be used to operate, maintain, and provide you with the features and functionality of the Site Features. We may also use this information for direct communication with you. We may send you newsletters, promotions and special offers by e-mail. In case you do not want to receive such messages, you can unsubscribe from mailing list or change your preferences related to mailing. We may also use your information to send you Site-related emails (e.g., changes/updates in the Site Features, and technical and security notices). You may not unsubscribe from Site-related e-mails.
Certain types of usage information are automatically collected when you visit the Site or use the Site Features.
- Device identifiers. When you access the Site or the Site Features with a mobile device (including, but not limited to, smartphones and tablets) or a computer, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more device identifiers. Device identifiers are small data files associated with your electronic device, which uniquely identify such device and may be stored on it. A device identifier may contain data related to the device hardware, data related to the operating system or other software installed on the device, or data sent to the device by JCassand. A device identifier may send browsing information and information about your usage of the Site Features to us. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device in order to facilitate the log in process and make your navigation through the Site Features easier. Please be informed that some Site Features may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is limited or disabled.
- Analytical information. We may directly collect analytical data, or use third-party analytics tools to be provided with data regarding traffic and usage trends. Such tools gather information sent by your browser following a web page request. The information includes the web pages you visit, your browser add-ons, your browser window's width and height, and other data that assists us in improving the Site Features. We may collect and use this analytical information aggregately, and thus, identification of any particular individual user would not be possible.
- Cookies information. When you use the Site Features, we or our third party partners may send one or more cookies to your computer. Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that identify your browser and facilitate the log in process and make your browsing experience in the Site easier. A cookie may also send us information about your actions when using the Site Features (e.g., the pages you visit, the buttons or links you click and other actions). This allows us or our business partners to track how you use the Site Features over time. Our cookies do not collect personally identifiable information. You can set your web browser to refuse all cookies or to show an alert when a cookie is being sent. Please be informed that some Site Features may not function properly if cookies are refused.
- Location data. When you access the Site with a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store location data. Location data may give us browsing information and information relating to your usage of the Site Features. Please be aware that some Site Features, especially services requiring location information, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is limited or disabled.
- Clear gifs / web beacons information. When you access the Site Features, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track our users’ online usage patterns. We may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users in order to determine which emails are more likely to be opened and which links are clicked by users. This type of information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Site Features.
- Log file information. Log file information is automatically sent by your browser when you visit a web page. When you access our Site Features, our servers record certain log file information. Such server logs include anonymous information, including, but not limited to, your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, type of your browser, referring pages and URLs, how many clicks you've made and information about your interaction with links on the Site, domain names, landing pages, and pages visited.
JCassand will not sell or share your Personal Information other than as outlined below:
- Change of control. JCassand may sell, liquidate, transfer all or any portion of its ownership, or any of its products, services, assets and/or businesses in any combination to one or more third parties within the framework of a corporate divesture, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, liquidation or any similar transactions and procedures. In any such event, all information, including Personal Information, provided by you to JCassand Foundation may be transferred to the acquiring entity or entities.
- Third Parties. We may send your information to third-party business partners, consultants and service providers that operate on our behalf for the purpose of providing certain Site Features to you (e.g., advertising networks, content or service fulfillment providers, email providers, analytics companies, etc.). Such providers shall have limited access to your information necessary to deliver such Site Features. We may also provide your information to our business partners offering services jointly with us (e.g. during a co-sponsored contest or promotion). In certain cases, we may provide aggregate traffic and demographic data to third party advertisers for the purposes of making the Site advertising more contextually relevant; however we will not provide these third parties with your personally-identifying information.
- Cases in which we are required to share your information. Your information will be disclosed by JCassand if such a disclosure is required by law or a summons or if JCassand makes a decision that such disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process;
- enforce our Terms of Service located at https://www.jcassand.com/termsofservice or to protect the security or integrity of our Site Features; and/or
- to guarantee or protect the rights, property, and/or personal safety of JCassand, our users or any other individuals or companies.
Information may be also shared with others aggregately and in anonymous form that does not identify our Site users as individuals.
As noted above, we may allow third party advertising networks or similar third party partners to collect information about your browsing activities across websites when you use Site Features. Such information is usually collected through cookies or similar technologies, which gather information about the device you are using, and are used to display ads through our Site or to our Site visitors on other websites. If you would like to disable cookies, please follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help” or “Edit” settings). Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Site and other parts of the Site may not work properly.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking the “unsubscribe"" link provided in e-mail communications. As mentioned above, you may not unsubscribe from Site-related communications (e.g., changes/updates to the Site Features, and technical and security notices). If you have any questions about your rights regarding your information, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-833-823-2653 or 1-833-UBe-Bold
- Protecting your information. The security of your information is very important to JCassand. While we have implemented reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of the information gathered by the Site Features as well as to preserve the integrity thereof, we cannot make any express representations or warranties about the security of any information transmitted by you to us or to Shopify or collected through the Site Features. JCassand is not responsible for any third party's operation or security measures, including those of Shopify.
- Compromise of Information. In the event any information under JCassand’s control is compromised as a result of a breach of confidence, we will take all reasonable measures to investigate the situation and if appropriate, notify those users or other individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other measures according to the applicable laws, regulations and codes.
We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. JCassand and its subsidiaries, and affiliates are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We do not knowingly link to sites that treat user information casually. However, a website may change its policies and practices after being linked to our Site.